History of the castle and its tour



  • fotky zamku pred a po rekonstrukci
  • fotky zamku pred a po rekonstrukci
  • fotky zamku pred a po rekonstrukci
  • fotky zamku pred a po rekonstrukci
  • fotky zamku pred a po rekonstrukci
  • fotky zamku pred a po rekonstrukci
  • fotky zamku pred a po rekonstrukci
  • fotky zamku pred a po rekonstrukci
  • fotky zamku pred a po rekonstrukci
  • fotky zamku pred a po rekonstrukci


History of the castle



Valeč was first mentioned in 1294 in the document which was written in Prague by Oldřich of Hradec who has bequeathed his estates to King Václav in case that Oldřich would have died without heirs. Valeč (Waltz) was mentioned there among his other Moravian estates. Next mention of the castle is from 1365 when its owners Jan and Jindřich of Meziříčí withdrew from Valeč and gave it to Margaret, widow of Půta of Vildenberk.

At the end of 14th century Valeč accrued to Margrave Jošt of Luxembourg dynasty.

The first written mention of the fortress is from 1406 when Jošt donated Valeč with the fortress and courtyard and other property to Mikuláš of Mochov. After the destruction of the older fortress in the second half of the 15th century Valeč wasn't used as a residence for some time.

This manor was built before the year 1534 by Smil Osovský of Doubravice, who's got to buy Valeč in 1531 from Jan of Pernštejn. After Smil Osovský's death, Valeč was owned by his son Burian and after 1567 (until the battle on Bílá hora) Valeč was owned by Vanečtí of Jemnická, they probably further refined and graced the castle.

Building development of the object, in the key features of the building, was probably finished after the Thirty Years War by the family Březničtí of Náchod. After 1785, under the Hesse family, Valeč's lost its residential function and it was later reconsrtucted into offices, flats of officials and distillery. Hesses sold the castle In 1850 to Jiří baron Sin. In 1882, there was a new owner a brewer Antonín Dreher from Švechat. During his ownership Dalesice with Valeč and Slavětice formed a special farm which was in 1921 assigned to Czechoslovak state.

One of the results of the first land reforms carried out in the years 1922-1927 was the creation of the residual estate in Valeč.

After the first World War the castle was bought by Mr. Jaroslav Odehnal, legionnaire and a Mayor of Sokol in Hrotovice. Mr. Odehnal adopted Mrs. Jaroslava Obrátilová who later inherited Valeč. She married Mr. Vladimir Malík in 1940. Malíks owned the castle in 1953, then it was used by the state agriculture cooperative. Among other things the usage was such as vegetable warehouse and stables.

In 1973 the city hall started a reconstruction, which was discontinued in 1989. In 1991 the castle was in very poor condition returned to Malík family. They hadn't had the financial sources to repair it, so they decided to sell the castle which they managed after many years of trying. They sold it in 2008 to Ing. Bronislav Vala.

And in 2011 he began with the spectacular and extensive reconstruction of the castle, its park with two ponds and the surrounding of historic buildings (former stables). After two years of intensive repairing of the damaged buildings, the castle was again inaugurated on the 22nd of June 2013.

TOUR OF THE CASTLE



Regarding the fact that Valeč Castle is nowadays used as a hotel and congress complex, you can book a tour almost any day during the year. Either at the reception, by calling: 724 400 497 or via email at: reception @ hotel-valec. cz.

Minimum number of attendants is 5.

VALEČ CASTLE TOURS – DATES AND TIME
Januar – March To be booked
April - June, September Weekends and public holidays always at 11:00 and 14:00 am
July – August daily 11:00 to 5:00 p.m. Tours begin every hour on the hour.
October - December To be booked